|Be positive and discuss the benefits of Adult Day Care with your loved one...
Your Family Member:
Making the Transition to Adult Day Care
• Focus on the opportunity to spend time with other people.
• Focus on the opportunity to enjoy activities that they enjoy or used to enjoy such
as music, sewing,
arts and crafts, card games, puzzles, etc.
• Present this as an opportunity to volunteer for others who may need their
• Encourage them to be a role model for others during the day.
• Talk about the safety of being with others instead of being alone all day long.
• Present this as an opportunity for them to get a break from being with their
caregiver so much.
• Invite our staff member to visit your home to build trust.
• Bring your family member to our center for a brief visit during a program that you
know they will enjoy.
|Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Resources for Seniors All rights reserved.